The PDW-U2 is a compact, mobile and highly cost-effective drive for use with PC's. This drive utilizes a new generation dual channel head system which is capable of reading XDCAM discs up to 2.6x faster than its predecessor the PDW-U1. It is suitable not only for use with nonlinear editing systems but also for simple viewing and logging operations with a lap-top or desk top computer. It can handle the current single and dual layer Professional Disc media (PFD23A / PFD50DLA) recorded in both HD and SD formats, as well as the new quad-layer 128 GB write once disc (PFD128QLW). The PDW-U2 uses a SuperSpeed USB 3.0 interface to give you the fastest throughput while providing backward compatibility with PCs which support Hi-Speed USB 2.0 interfaces.. Simply connect the PDW-U2 to the computer and it will show as an external drive on the screen. Its highly compact and lightweight design allows for installation in virtually any working environment. And its cost effectiveness makes it ideal for integration in current systems.
- Uses new generation dual channel head system to provide up to 2.6x faster read speed than PDW-U1
- Handles files in all formats of XDCAM HD and SD
- Both single-layer disc (PFD-23A) and dual-layer disc (PFD-50DLA) support
- Adds support to read and write new quad layer, 128 GB write once Professional Discs (PFD-128QLW)
- SuperSpeed USB 3.0 interface (backwards compatible with Hi-speed USB (USB2.0) interface)
- Highly compact and lightweight design
- Direct access to files on Professional Disc media from a USB-connected PC